Monday, May 2, 2016

Dear Advertisers

Things I will not do, for your reference:

A) Watch an ad that plays before something I actually want to watch.  You can make it play on my screen, but on principle, if I cannot fast forward through the ad or skip it, I will deliberately mute the sound and look away until the ad is done playing.  And most likely be prejudiced against the subject of the ad going forward.  Just saying.

B) Page through any list that is displayed one item per screen, surrounded by ads. Just ain't happening.  Whatever your list is, I don't want to see all (or half, or two) of the items on it that badly.

C) Watch any video to find out what happens next after reading half of a story.  Even if I actually want to know what happens next.  If I wanted to watch your ads, I'd watch your ads.  I just wanted to read the damned story, which I can do in much less time than it would take for you to present it all sensationalized and video-style, anyway.

Yeah, I know I sound like a grumpy old biddy.  Guess I am one.  But GEEZ.  This is almost enough to drive me off my iPad and back to a newspaper for news.  Anyone else have any advertising-related pet peeves or is it just me???




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...