Monday, January 16, 2017

The Last Leaf

Thing Two's tutor has assigned him (as part of his reading comprehension work) a series of short stories to read, each of which contains a plot twist.  The idea is that he needs to try to pick up on the twist, which is happening about half the time right now.  Oh well.  Work in progress.  Most of the stories I'd never seen before, but this week's reading assignment was an adaptation of "The Last Leaf" by O. Henry.  I hadn't thought of it in years but remembered it being wonderful, so I took the book and read it myself after Thing Two had completed his work.  Short indeed, but poignant and with a solid blow to the gut at the end.  You can find it here.  Read it, if you haven't and perhaps if you already have as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...