Friday, June 29, 2018

Preview

With the exception of Thing One, who came back last night for soccer practice, my children have been at my in-laws’ house since Friday for their annual ‘grandparent camp.’  In the entire week of their absence, I did one load of laundry, ran the dishwasher twice, and cooked one dinner.  I spent one full day out of town on vacation, went out to dinner with my husband twice, and spent minimal time keeping the house clean since it stayed clean after I went through it on Sunday.  My only real responsibility was the care and feeding of the three pets.

This is a temporary state, to be sure: Himself and I looked at the calendar for the rest of the summer last night and it is going to be totally insane with trips and soccer and tryouts and appointments.  The usual summer madness.  Still, I sometimes wonder what we are going to talk about when the kids have all grown up and moved out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...