Friday, December 7, 2012

F%$king Moron Dipshits

The so-called technical writers who work for the Kwikset Corporation should be summarily dismissed for gross incompetence.  I have never, and I mean NEVER (in years of putting together kids' toys!) seen a more unhelpful set of directions, and the accompanying pictures were infuriatingly useless.  (Yes, I'm pissed off.  Can you tell??)

(deep cleansing breath)
(deep cleansing breath)

The wave of guys who came through today finalizing the floor/powder room construction project were the last straw for the knob on the door from my garage to my laundry room.  It has been fading for a while, but something inside it broke today and I discovered when I went out this evening that the door latch would not catch, meaning that any gust of wind would cause the door to swing open.  Not the most secure state of affairs.  And of course, Himself is out of town (Mrs. Murphy's Law) so getting it fixed ASAP was all on me.

Thing One and I stopped and picked up a new lock set while we were out, and I set to installing it as soon as we got home.  An hour of trial and error and cussing later, it was finally in, but there is at least one part left over that looks like it should not be left over, and who knows what else I screwed up?  Bloody hell.  Long week, long day, so did not need that.  But it's done, and the door is acting functional again, at least for the moment.  Go me.    


 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me why I'm having my carpenter do EVERYTHING. Things that I can do - like install door knobs - why? I will be frustrated like you, and he's done a million of all those things.

    And his girlfriend - she's doing everything he doesn't do, including much painting and even cleaning up well after them and in preparation for the appliance delivery today. I pay her $10/hour and she does all the things I don't want to over there. Just learned she's an artist, a painter. Well, I guess I'm contributing to the arts? No, I just have no capacity for more frustration right now, and she apparently needs the money, so I pay them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My handyman does great work...this would usually be something I would have called him to do. Like your carpenter, it would not have fazed him at all. But at 9PM on a Friday night for less than a real emergency, it wasn't an option...he is a single dad of a preschooler (with full custody) and the flexibility suffers for that. If nothing else, a reminder to me of how much I appreciate having him on speed dial to deal with all this crap normally!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...