Yesterday was parent conference day at school for our younger two kids. Believe me when I tell you that I was not in the mood for that AT ALL, but I put on my big-girl pants and went anyway. (Fortunately, all is well with both kids.) While I was waiting in the hallway outside Petunia's classroom pre-conference, I started reading the bulletin boards to entertain myself and came across this poem she had written. I am sharing it with her permission.
IF I WERE PRESIDENT
If I were president of the United States,
I'd cancel Sesame Street, Elmo and Barney,
Pokémon GO,
Gray, and also
Math on Tuesday morning.
If I were president of the United States,
There'd be pizza for lunch every day,
Three days of weekend, and
A jungle gym at everyone's house.
If I were president of the United States,
You wouldn't have six hours of school.
You wouldn't have parents that yell.
You wouldn't have embarrassing nicknames.
Or cursive.
Or mean people.
If I were president of the United States,
All women and men would have the same rights,
All siblings would be nice,
And a person who sometimes forgot their homework,
And sometimes forgot to study,
Would still be allowed to be
President of the United States.
I like her platform. Petunia for President in 2020!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments...please share yours!