Monday, October 22, 2012

Feeling Ten Feet Tall

Just took one of the evening taekwondo classes at the dojo, which I rarely do because they don't fit the family schedule very well.  Was nervous since tonight's instructor was the dojo head and the theme of this week is sparring, which is never good when you are operating on gimpy knees.

Walked out of there with the first black stripe on my new belt!  The instructor tested me and another guy on every single green belt technique (rolls, breakfalls, and throws included) and a bunch of previous techniques...it was a tough test and we legitimately earned those stripes.  To get one from this guy is a big deal, and it came when I sorely needed a boost...a great way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...