Fall woods

Fall woods

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Making Bells For The Pope Since 1000AD

Opened up the CNN webpage last night while reading in bed and just about fell onto the floor when I happened upon the video below.  My maternal grandmother's maiden name was Marinelli and her father's family back in Italy runs this foundry: my great-aunt told us so years ago.  The oldest family business in Italy, it has been casting bells for over a thousand years.  How incredibly cool is that??   Even though we already knew about it, seeing it on video makes it even more amazing.  One of these years, I will visit Agnone and see this for myself!

Handcrafting Papal Bells with Italy's Oldest Family Business

The video is less than two and a half minutes long.  Check it out!!

1 comment:

I love comments...please share yours!