Sunday, February 11, 2018

I Am SO Not Ready For This

More good news: the surgery on Wednesday was uneventful and the doctor saw nothing that concerned her.  Fingers crossed that those biopsy results come back benign also.  Man, it stinks getting old.  

In other news, we were told this week that it is realistic for Thing One to look at playing Division III soccer in college, should he choose to do so.  Most likely not D1 (says his coach, who played D1 himself and also has a son playing D1 soccer now) but that’s okay since D1 soccer is like a job anyway.  Not much time for anything but school and soccer at that level.  At any rate, that was eye-opening.  The kid is a solid player but I don’t have the perspective that the coach does, so having the coach tell him he has the potential was a big deal.

As I type this, Thing One and Himself are sitting at the kitchen table looking at ID camps, which are summer camps held with the purpose of putting HS players in front of college coaches who may want to recruit them.  As part of this, they are discussing which colleges he would potentially like to attend, so he can get himself to the camps that their coaches are attending.

Yes, this year is mostly for practice and getting a feel for how ID camps work. Next summer and the summer after that will be much more important.  But still: my HS freshman is starting to think about college and that hurts my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...