Thursday, October 22, 2015

Craziness Is Now Routine

Used to be that I'd get *really* pissy on Sunday nights just looking at the calendar for the following week, since it was invariably ridiculously jammed.  That situation is so normal now that I'm barely fazed by it anymore, and anyway, I've learned that whatever needs to get done will somehow get done.  This is why villages were invented, and also one major reason why I married a man who is very good with logistics. 

Case in point: Tuesday after school. Three soccer practices and two martial arts classes (all for various kids) followed by a school board meeting for me.  Not only did everyone get to everything, everyone got fed dinner somewhere along the line, including my husband.  I have to admit that I did feel a bit guilty as I watched Petunia eat takeout in her aikido gi while sitting next to me at the school board meeting and waiting for her dad to come and collect her, but it is what it is.  Welcome to the life of a normal overscheduled American family!  I'm really glad that one soccer team's season ends next week, but I'm even more glad that I'm managing to be somewhat Zen amidst the mayhem since that goes against every fiber of my being.  So far, so good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...