Sunday, October 4, 2015

Is Irony The Right Word?

At the bus stop with my kids the other morning. We're discussing a birthday party invitation that Thing Two has just received via Evite.  Petunia, a bit jealous because it sounds like a fun party, comments to me that it isn't fair that Thing Two gets to go to so many more birthday parties than she does because he has more friends. (!!)

Bearing in mind that Thing Two is my language-challenged child with significant secondary social issues, the fact that my social-butterfly, ever-popular youngest could possibly have occasion to be envious of his social life stopped me dead in my tracks.  If THAT isn't a measure of how far my younger son has come in the last few years, my friends, nothing is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...