Thursday, May 12, 2016

This One's For You, Dad

My father is a man who likes to plan ahead and then make sure (to the best of his ability) that things go according to those plans.  This includes double- and triple-checking everything, getting everywhere early, and formulating alternative possibilities where necessary.  Because of this, he affectionately refers to himself as "Ol' Belt And Suspenders."  Not that he actually wears suspenders, just that he's the kind of guy who would consider wearing both just to make darned SURE that those pants stay up.

Well, today at lunch I actually saw a man wearing both a belt and suspenders!!!  He was sitting at the next table chatting with a friend.  Made me think of Dad immediately...the living embodiment of his nickname.  I wanted to ask him if he is also compulsively early for everything like Dad but couldn't quite muster the guts.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...