Friday, July 4, 2014

Work In Progress But Moving In The Right Direction

Taking stock of Project Get-My-Butt-In-Shape-So-I-Don't-Embarrass-Myself-At-My-Red-Belt-Test (date still TBD, sadly. )

20+ lbs down.  Old practice shirts size XL, new one M.   Old gi pants size 5, new ones size 4.  Size 6 belt is now way too big; will need a smaller red one. In much better shape, too: managed to do a full Dirty Dozen in class yesterday without collapsing!  (12 each jumping jacks, push-ups, mountain climbers and sit-ups, then 11 of each, 10 of each, etc down to 1.  The dork in me figured out long ago that the total is 78 of each exercise.)

I'm still up 15 lbs and a dress size from when I got married, my upper body strength leaves a lot to be desired, and I need to seriously work on push-ups in particular, but I can see and feel the progress and for an old lady (rapidly approaching 41) in a young person's game I'll take it.  Moving toward the best that I can do, which will never be confused with perfect but is fortunately all that the instructors are asking of me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...