Sunday, August 3, 2014

Taking Control Of What I Can Control

Last weekend I spent a great deal of time clearing junk out of our office and throwing it away.  The net result didn't look all that different, but at least I felt better afterward.  This weekend I cleared out my closet, drawers and shoes...there are now two bags of trash and three of clothes to donate in my front hall.  Himself walked into our room mid-cleaning frenzy today and asked me if I was nesting!  (For the record, the answer is no.)  I gave him a dirty look.

There's only so much dirt and disorder and confusion I can handle, and by this point in the summer I am right up to my limit.  What I clean is immediately dirtied, what I tidy is immediately strewn with kid detritus and dog hair....AAAGGGHH.  I think that if my husband were to take the kids out of town for any period of time right now, the first thing I would do would be to clean everything so I could then enjoy a clean and tidy house in peace until they came back.  This sort of thing is why mothers do a happy dance at the bus stop on the first day of school!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...