Sunday, December 14, 2014

Muddy Pink Pants

I bought a pair of light pink jeans for geocaching a few months ago at Marshalls or somewhere like that.  They cost all of about $12 and the whole point was that they are light enough in color that I can easily see ticks on them...not exactly a normal selling point but whatever.  They fit a need for me.

I went caching Friday with a girlfriend who regularly gives me grief about the fact that I still fix my hair and wear makeup when I go climbing trees or scrambling over rocky hillsides with her.  Today was cold and wet and we both ended up dirty almost to the knees...she said that only *I* would wear pink pants while trekking in mud.

After a little thought, I decided I'd take that as a compliment...it's not a bad thing to like looking like a girl as long as you're not limited by it.  And if that makes it easier to find and remove ticks while you're at it, so much the better!




4 comments:

  1. Here's how I feel about makeup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ijHgaccX_w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny!! Never seen that one before. In my own defense, my makeup takes less than a minute to put on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I figured you weren't that high maintenance. :) I have friends with blond eyelashes who do a quick mascara because otherwise they get a lot of "Are you sick? You look all washed out" all day long, so it's just easier to avoid that.

    I'm a HUGE Miranda Lambert fan, and that song just so rang true to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I'm not high maintenance...just a little eyeliner, mascara and powder and I'm good to go. Literally, less than a minute. I know people who take a good hour to do their makeup in the mornings and I have no idea what in the world could possibly take so long!! What a waste of a perfectly good hour. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...