Saturday, December 5, 2015

Success

After months of training, Himself ran a marathon in 3:24:03 this morning.  This was noteworthy for two reasons:

1) it's his fastest time ever by several minutes, and
2) it's a qualifying time for the Boston Marathon for his age group by almost a full minute!

A very big deal on both counts.

For any who don't happen to carry mile splits in their heads (aka non-running, normal people), that's 7:47 miles for 26.2 miles straight.  I can't run one mile that fast.  So happy for him!!

Also, I didn't want to be stuck in a car with him for three hours on the way home tomorrow if he missed his goal.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...