Saturday, December 26, 2015

Boxing Day

Christmas is over.  It was lovely and peaceful and many good gifts were exchanged and a delicious meal was eaten ending with my paternal grandmother's chocolate pie and GOD I'm glad I don't have to listen to any more Christmas music!!  I actually don't mind the old traditionals at all but the constant playing of the pop star of the moment's cover of something annoying like "Santa Baby" makes me want to gouge my ears out with a grapefruit spoon.  Anyway.

Started the morning today with an aikido class (me) and a ten-mile run (Himself.)  We have some British friends in town who hosted a traditional Boxing Day party this afternoon involving soccer and good food and fun games and port-soaked fruitcake and a fun time was had by all.  Now we are watching the other kind of football and chilling on the sofa.  Wishing you all (at least those of you who celebrate Christmas) post-holiday quiet and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...