Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Please Pardon The Lack Of Posting

It being the height of tryout season for travel soccer, the schedule on the whiteboard in my kitchen clearly reflects the level of craziness around here right now.  We haven't eaten dinner at home one night this week.  And of course, Himself is once *again* out of town, but the conference he's currently attending is for work and he was selected for it because the powers that be think he has significant potential for advancement, so it's hard to be too upset that he's gone even though having a second adult/car combination around this week would be really darned helpful.

Anyway.

I managed to escape the craziness today (while the kids were at school, anyway) by going for a hike with two of my good friends.  It was a glorious spring day here, high sixties, a light breeze and not a cloud in the sky.  Perfect for getting outside.  Both of my friends are also geocachers: the one is 56 and a retired salesman of electronic parts and the other is 71 and a retired architect.  Given that I am 42 and a soccer mom, it's not exactly the company you might predict for me, but it works.  Guess our collective hobby/addiction creates sufficient common ground.  I felt a lot better after a good long ramble through the woods, too.

In general, I'm far from the craziest of sports parents. All three are good enough soccer players that they will make at least one team somewhere (they are trying out at three clubs) so I'm not too worried about that. What stresses me out is the logistics...simply getting everyone to where they need to be when they need to be there with the correct equipment.  Oh, and also making sure that they are fed and have done their homework.  So far, all the tryouts are going well, especially for Thing One, but the go-here go-there rush-rush thing is getting old.  Hopefully only one more week.

In the meantime, a little soccer parent humor!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...