Saturday, December 23, 2017

Now What???

I went to the drugstore today to pick up a few things, including a lighter.  The long kind you’d use to light a candle or fire, not the stubby kind used for cigarettes, for the record.  As the cashier rang up my purchases, she said she needed my birthdate to complete the transaction.  Startled, I asked why, since my purchases didn’t include cold medicine or any other stuff from which drugs can be made—the usual flag.  Apparently the lighter was the issue.  I’ve never been carded for that in my life, and given that I am 44, ain’t no way she thought I was anywhere near 18, which I gather is the age I need to be to buy a damn lighter.  Enough with the enforced bureaucracy already.


2 comments:

  1. That's bizarre.

    Also kind of bizarre is that I was making the exact same purchase yesterday, which Ive never done before. Need fire for the burners in my camper and I thought this a good way to go. I did not get carded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they have more sense in Louisiana. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...