Wednesday, December 20, 2017

These Two Are **SO** Lucky That They're Cute

A title that could apply perfectly well to any two of my three children most days, but in this particular case, the culprits are these innocent-looking little monkeys.  (Who...us??)


My husband was thrown into a mad panic this afternoon by the inexplicable disappearance of his wedding ring from the top of our kitchen island.

The mystery was eventually solved, but not without much frantic searching.  One of these little menaces (we strongly suspect Darcy, the curious one--on the right with the white stripe on his nose) must have knocked the ring off the counter, where it then skittered across the tile and hardwood floors until it lodged under the Christmas tree in the next room!   Batting toys across the floor is one of their absolute favorite pastimes, and they prefer nonconventional toys...hair barrettes, twisted pipe cleaners, and my sewing thimble are their victims of choice.

Thing One saved the day, finally spotting the glint of gold under the tree and then valiantly risking death by pine needle stabs to make the grab.  New house rule: no more small valuables on the kitchen counters!!  Little stinkers.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...