Friday, December 22, 2017

Here We Go Again

If there’s a more frustrating thing to shop for than pants for preteen/teenaged boys, I don’t know what it is, unless maybe it’s shorts for the same age group in girls that don’t leave their buttcheeks hanging out.  Ain’t gonna happen in this house.

Anyway, there’s been some serious growing among the boy children lately, necessitating the purchase of new pants (it’s cold out.)  Thing One is now solidly into men’s sizes at least, although he still wears a weird one that has to be ordered online because he is six feet tall with long legs and a toothpick waist.  Thing Two is in that awkward borderline phase where some of the largest boys’ pants still fit but some of the smaller (also weird-sized, generally online only) men’s pants do too.  This week has been an adventure in trying to find new pants for him before the holidays!  After several forays into all the stores in town and the Web, I have finally discovered which size of pants currently fits him.  Much like his brother, he is tall (I’m guessing probably 5’6”-5’7” right now) and slender with long legs.  What makes me laugh is that his new inseam measurement is the same as his father’s and he is 12!!  Thing One’s inseam is already four inches longer than my husband’s.  Given that my husband is an absolutely average-sized man, we are growing some giants here!  The boys wear size 11 and 13 shoes respectively, too.

He jokes that he married me to bring height into his genepool.  Looks like he succeeded!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...