Saturday, January 3, 2015

Home Again, Home Again

Just arrived home from a week's visit with my parents on the other side of the country.  We had a wonderful time with them, and it's always tough to leave, but at least we got home without incident.  United changed one of our return flights so that we had a *30* minute connection (ugh) and I have to admit that I was stressing that a little.  We checked all the bags we could check to streamline the plane change and each of us had a full change of clothes and a toothbrush in our carry-on luggage just in case we got stuck, but all went well.  Both flights actually landed early and we were out of the (major) airport that was our final destination in 45 minutes from when the wheels touched down, baggage claim and all.  Not too shabby.   The kids held up all day even though we had to drag them out of bed at 3:15AM local time this morning, too.  Have to say that it is a lot easier to travel now that the kids are older...I was watching a man with a beautiful toddler daughter walking her up and down the aisle of the second flight and thinking how happy I am to finally be in the phase where all three kids can occupy themselves quietly on an extended flight!

School starts Monday.  It's about time, too.  The most wonderful time of the year, parent style.  :)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...