Saturday, September 5, 2015

Not Quite Right But Funny, Football Edition

Yes, I'm still here.  It's just been a very busy week.

Anyone who has been reading this blog for any length of time knows that I'm a HUGE Notre Dame football fan.  My in-laws had their annual Oktoberfest party today, so I was watching the first part of tonight's game in their family room when a friend of my MIL's walked into the room.  She glanced at the television, on which the game was captioned "TEX vs ND" across the bottom along with the teams' respective scores, and commented to me that it looked like North Dakota's football team was having a good game.  (This actually reminded me of an incident at a baseball game years ago, when someone looking at scores for other games on the stadium scoreboard thought "SD" stood for South Dakota instead of San Diego.)

We had to leave my in-laws' halfway through the game, but Thing One was monitoring it via the ESPN text updates on his phone while we were driving home.  As we pulled into the driveway, he commented to me that one of Notre Dame's right backs had been injured.  After a brief moment of confusion, we explained to our soccer-brained son that an "RB" in football is a running back. The former is a defensive position, the latter an offensive one...not only was he in the wrong sport, he was at the wrong end of the field in the wrong sport.  Kid needs to watch more football. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...