Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Winner Winner Curry Dinner

Given the craziness that is my life, particularly my after-school and evening hours, dinner is always a challenge.  Especially dinner for my husband, which usually needs to be something from the crockpot or a dish that can be made ahead and reheated because of said craziness.  Add in the fact that it is good for the dinner to be healthy and lower-sodium and it rapidly becomes a recipe (ha) for extra stress.

Tried something new this week and it worked staggeringly well: sharing for the benefit of anyone who may be on the lookout for quick and delicious dinners!

Chop half an onion and a couple of cloves of garlic and throw them into a big pot on the stove with some oil.  Sauté till tender; add a tablespoon or two (to taste) of red curry paste and stir for another few minutes.  Add in a can of coconut milk, a couple of tablespoons each of brown sugar and fish sauce, and a cup or so of chicken broth.  Take either a couple of cans of chickpeas (drained) or a bag of dried chickpeas that have previously been cooked to tender in a crockpot (what I used) and throw those in too, along with a diced red or yellow pepper, some small chunks of potato and a good handful of fresh basil leaves.  Simmer for half an hour, make some rice to go with it, and Bob's your uncle.  Even better the next day! Yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...