Saturday, September 12, 2015

One Of Those Good Days Across The Board

Petunia played her first ever travel soccer games today.  5v5 format, four short sequential games.  She had a brief stint as goalie (shut out the other team) and also absolutely exploded on offense for about ten total goals in the four games. Maybe more; Himself lost count.  I wasn't there, but I was proud.

Thing One has a tournament this weekend; two games each today and tomorrow.  According to Himself, he played stellar defense today.  His coach played him at center back for the entire second game, no breaks at all.  I wasn't there, but I was proud.

Yeah, would it have been nice to see them play?  Sure.  Especially Petunia in her first games at this level.  But you know what??  Today there was an event *I* wanted to attend with some of my friends.   It only happens once a year, and to me it's a big deal.  Himself was able to cover the kids, and considering the extent to which soccer takes over our parental lives three full seasons a year, I refuse to feel guilty for allowing him to do it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...