Saturday, March 21, 2015

An Unexpected Gift

Made a nice dinner tonight and Himself opened a good bottle of wine.  After dinner, with the kids upstairs playing video games, we poured a second glass and settled at the kitchen table, Dave Matthews playing in the background and the dog curled on her bed at my feet.  After a few minutes, I sat down on the floor by the dog to pet her.  Thing One walked back into the kitchen, and to my complete surprise, plopped himself down on the floor next to me and put his head in my lap, quietly listening to the music as his father and I chatted.

He's eleven now, and I know my days of this are numbered.  I'll take it while I can get it and be grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...