Monday, March 2, 2015

Greater Love Hath No Mother

Yesterday morning, Petunia came to me all weepy-eyed because she saw two rabbits out in the front yard that looked cold and hungry.  Granted, it has been a miserable winter, frigid enough that whatever snow fell has pretty much remained...haven't seen grass in about six weeks.  They probably are cold and hungry.

Under normal circumstances, I wage a never-ending battle with the rabbits (and deer) in my yard, since they seem hell-bent on eating everything I plant.  My gardens have to be fenced and/or sprayed with rotten-egg based repellent spray to give them even the tiniest chance of surviving.

But because I love my daughter, there is currently a small pile of baby carrots sitting in the snow right where she saw the rabbits.  Now I'm actually *feeding* them!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...