Monday, June 17, 2013

Nice Question, Kid

This morning, my elder son looked at me suspiciously and asked why I was being so nice to him.  (The implication of course being that I am normally unkind and unreasonable!)  I just gave him a look.

What provoked this, you may ask?  Permitting him to play Google Earth on the laptop first thing in the morning.  And also, in fairness, to have a very small lollipop (from a stash his teacher gave him at school) before breakfast.  My rationale for the latter was that the oatmeal he was going to have for breakfast surely contains a whole lot more sugar than one small lollipop anyway, but you'd think I'd given him free reign of the treat box for the reaction I got.

I didn't have the energy to argue about it, either...I was trying to do some school board stuff on my computer at the time.  But if he's going to be a twerp about it, it will be back to plain Cheerios for him before he can say "mean, nasty Mom!"









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...