Monday, June 10, 2013

The Balls, They Are All Over the Place

My juggling skills are being SORELY tested this week.


Minus the 'email addresses' bit, this is exactly how I feel at the moment.

One of the many things I had to do when we got back from Maryland yesterday was figure out the calendar for the week and write it on the whiteboard in my kitchen.  I did this about 8 o'clock last night.  Since then:

1) The school board subcommittee meeting I was supposed to have at 11 this morning has been switched (possibly, this is not set yet) to Friday at 12.  With an adjunct submeeting that will probably take place sometime next week now.

2) The baseball picnic that was set for Friday evening has been changed to Thursday.  This means that Thing One has to switch his soccer clinic from Thursday to Friday.  But since it is supposed to rain on Thursday (why the baseball people can't look at the weather, I have no idea), my bet is that at some point the picnic will be back to Friday and who knows what will happen with soccer then!

3) Because it is also raining today, the memorial event we are holding for a classmate of Thing One's who died of cancer back in first grade after a valiant fight (a terribly sad story) has been moved to Wednesday evening.  The kids' taekwondo classes have accordingly been switched to today from Wednesday.

Finally got all that straight on the whiteboard.

This week after school, we have five taekwondo classes, an orthodontist visit, a piano lesson, a speech therapy session, the baseball party, the memorial get-together, and a soccer clinic.  Adding in two full-day school field trips, a routine service for my Volvo, a dentist appointment for Petunia (who needs to have two baby teeth extracted because the adult teeth are coming in behind them rather than under them--they call these 'shark teeth') and my school board subcommittee meeting, whenever that may take place, and we have a recipe for a full-on mental breakdown, especially since this scheduling craziness does not currently take into consideration any of my normal responsibilities like grocery shopping, housecleaning, cooking, and laundry.

Wish me luck, please...I'm going to need it!




  

      





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...