Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pack Mule

We had a busy morning of back-to-back activities scheduled today.  When we left the house at 8AM, all of the following accompanied us:

*bag of dry cleaning to drop off
*birthday gift and platter of mini-cupcakes
*sneakers and socks for the two younger kids
*change of clothes, swim goggles, towels and sunblock for the two younger kids (they had swimming lessons today)
*my taekwondo bag
*Thing One's taekwondo bag
*two water bottles
*Thing One's DS
*snacks for all three kids
AND (of course)
*a partridge in a pear tree.

I had to take the dog's travel crate out of the back of my car to get it all in.


I am not at my best early in the morning (unfortunately, my boys are morning people, for which I curse my father-in-law the early bird regularly) so this was a remarkable feat of bleary-eyed coordination.  I can't believe that we actually remembered everything that we needed to bring.  But if summer vacations are supposed to be relaxing, so far we are doing it all wrong!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...