Friday, June 12, 2015

Creativity At Work

It was a big deal when Thing Two finally learned how to play imaginatively...his early language problems made that really difficult for him.  He was already seven or eight at the time and was dragged into it kicking and screaming by his little sister, who was *not* taking no for an answer.  He was going to play with her whether he liked it or not...those two have always been thick as thieves and she has been a godsend for him socially in so many ways.

Anyway, I came across this scene today, and it made me laugh.  Clearly those two have been at it again.


What are we looking at, you ask?  One of their unholy hybridizations of toy sets: in this case, Angry Birds Star Wars figurines (originally intended to be catapulted at stacked blocks in a real-life imitation of the computer game) 'holding' trays of treats from Strawberry Shortcake's little plastic bakery.  These two have made up a game that they call the Angry Birds Job Game, and apparently the birds have recently been selling desserts in my front hall.  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...