Sunday, June 28, 2015

What Does Love Look Like?

This.  This right here.



The class writing assignment was to pick a person, any special person, and fill in the blanks on the page.  Of all the people in his world, Thing Two chose his little sister Petunia.

My sister

Her hands are like the warm sun
Her hair is like a sheep's wool
Her face is like a soft stuffed animal
Her voice is like a bird singing in the morning
Her smile is like a happy dog

Whatever you may think about some of the comparisons, this was written (voluntarily!) by a third grade boy about his second grade sister.  As a mother, it just doesn't get any better than that.  I melted when I saw it, and you had better believe that I will be keeping it FOREVER.  And then some.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...