Sunday, June 7, 2015

Enough. Enough Freaking Already.

There are two weeks left in the school year.  Less than that, really, if you note that several of the remaining days are half days.  This is it, there ain't no more.  Or much more, anyway.  The year's pretty much done.

Except that weekly reading logs still keep showing up in Thing Two and Petunia's homework folders.  (For logging the reading they are supposed to be doing every day at home hahahahahaha yeah right.)  As do current event article report forms and speech homework and G&T homework.  For the love of all that is holy, WHY??  Yes, I get that it may be close to the end of the year but school is still in session and teachers feel the need to make the most of the remaining time.  Really I do.  But at this late stage of the game I just don't have the energy to be that totally-on-top-of-it mom anymore.  The way I figure it, I'm happy that the kids are going to school in clean clothes with reasonably healthy packed lunches and with their regular homework done.  Maybe it's the after-school schedule this spring that finally broke the camel's back, but after eight weeks of the juggling effing nightmare that is having a kid playing baseball and soccer at the same time (never mind the rest of the stuff that kid is doing or what the OTHER two kids are doing!) I'm tapping out.  Done.  Fried.  Baked.  And hell itself will freeze over before anybody in my house plays baseball ever again.  See this foot??  It just went down hard.

Those reading logs may or may not be going in tomorrow morning.  Life as we know it probably won't come to an end if they don't.  And if it does, at least I won't have to do any more current event worksheets!!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...