Saturday, January 6, 2018

Only Out Here

We returned home a few days ago from our annual trip to the Left Coast to visit my parents and were greeted by bone-chilling cold.  Ugh.  Through no fault of theirs whatsoever it was a far more stressful week together than usual, and to have it capped off by an eight-hour flight delay (and 2AM arrival home) was the proverbial icing on the cake.  On the bright side, the stupidity of some of the decisions made by United as they bungled our way home was so epic that even they admitted it after the fact, and gave us a $1500 credit toward future flights!  Guess there's something to be said for all those years of business travel for my husband...when a previously uncomplaining million-mile flyer of twenty-odd years sends an email *that* irate, they acknowledge it.  

Anyhoo.

The Christmas season being a bit overwhelming at the best of times, and being thoroughly done with this one, I decided to spend the last couple of days putting away the decorations and cleaning things out so as to start the New Year fresh.  Thanking all the gods once again for my tall strong son, as one of the final chores I enlisted him to help me take down the empty Christmas tree and haul it out onto the driveway.  One of my girlfriends sent her son over to collect it in his pickup truck, and it is now being eaten by her goats!  Circle of life, rural-style.

Hoping you all are having a peaceful start to your New Year...

-Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...