Monday, January 15, 2018

It Shouldn’t Have Been A Big Deal, But Apparently Was

Petunia had a soccer game yesterday.  The boys chose not to accompany the two of us to that, at the price of having to put away their laundry and do some cleaning before we returned home.  (Which they did, fortunately for all concerned.)

After the game, we stopped at a convenience store for gas and a Slurpee-like beverage for the small one, who was exceedingly frustrated even though she played a good game herself.  An older gentleman was entering the store as we were leaving and kindly held the outer door open for us.  I smiled and thanked him, as did Petunia, who was trailing in my wake with a big Slurpee cup in one hand and a bag of pretzels in the other.  He froze, looked down at her, and said, “Thank you for thanking me!,” then walked into the store.

It’s the small things that make the world go around.  Glad my kid remembered her manners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...