Wednesday, January 10, 2018

These Kittens Are Trouble

Cute trouble, but trouble.

I took them to the vet yesterday afternoon because they needed shots.  As soon as I released them from their carriers in the exam room, they were on the chairs, knocking things off the windowsills, batting at the cords for the blinds, and generally making a big nuisance of themselves.  Luckily for me, the vet is a very nice man with a good sense of humor.

Both of them are looking good. Bingley is up to 9 pounds and change, and Darcy about eight and a half.  The vet says they’re probably 2/3 grown, so they will be big boys, probably 12 to 15 pounds. I actually expected the weight difference between them to be bigger because Bingley looks so much bigger. Guess my husband is right and it is just fluff!

Bingley, who seems to be one of the more placid cats on earth, cooperated very well for his shot. No fuss whatsoever and I actually had to pick him up afterward to move him off the exam table since he was just lying there like a king!  Himself thinks they missed giving him the shot for all his fluffy fur.  I hope not!  I can say for sure that Darcy got his shot, however...when that needle went in, he started a very loud, pissed-off, yowling commentary, probably relating to the parentage and upbringing of both the vet and his tech.  :)  

Then, on the way home, I hear a zipper and see a paw emerging from one of the carriers, followed by a nose.  Bingley made a break for freedom and actually got completely loose in the car while I was driving!  Fortunately, only half a mile or so from home, but he ended up in my lap.  Imagine me driving with one hand and restraining a cat with the other.  Drove into the garage, shut the door behind me to prevent a serious escape, then grabbed the cat with both hands and unceremoniously dumped him inside the house.  Close call!  Guess I will be locking the zipper on that carrier from now on.  The good news is that they don't have any more vet appointments for a year now!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...