Monday, January 15, 2018

Eating My Words

I go pretty far out of my way to anonymize the folks I write about here. A few go by their real names, but not many.  That goes double on those rare occasions where I feel like I’m being in any way unkind with what I write.

To summarize the situation I have in mind briefly (and vaguely, sorry), circumstances have pushed me into working with someone I have not especially cared for in the past.  I considered them negative and gossipy and was very unenthusiastic about being pushed into a closer working relationship, but it was out of my control and I am nothing if not pragmatic.

Fast forwarding to the present time, this person has not only bent over backward to be considerate and helpful, they have repeatedly saved me from stress- and logistic-related spontaneous combustion.  The situation I had *really* not wanted to be in has turned out to be a blessing in disguise and I am a big enough person to admit that I was wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...