Sunday, July 22, 2012

Notes to Self

Mulch. In May. Otherwise, you will spend an entire perfectly beautiful July Sunday pulling weeds and cursing.

Also, if you can avoid having knee surgery in May in future, that would be good. Tough to weed or mulch when you can't kneel.

Of course, avoiding the knee injury entirely would have been good too. Yoga, walking and biking are your friends. Step Aerobics, running, and martial arts are not. You are not 21 anymore. You are way too close to 40 and the mother of three children. Not that you always have to act like one, but common sense, please.

In the immortal words of my aunt: Getting old is pigeon poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...