Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cattiness du Jour

Dear God, the Spanish Olympic uniforms are ugly. Ours may be made in China, but at least they do not look like the aftermath of a major condiment fight.

Berets. Really, Ralph Lauren??? And the oversized Polo logo? Come on.

Went to a baseball game with my family last night. Double A, small stadium, fireworks afterward. Local choir singing the National Anthem. Hot dogs and Cracker Jack for the kids. Take Me Out To The Ballgame at the seventh inning stretch. Made me proud to be an American. So does the Olympics, but the marketing and propaganda get to me after a while. I didn't grow up here, so the small pieces of Americana make me as happy as the big. May it ever remain so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...