Wednesday, January 8, 2014

If The Temperature Doesn't Go Above Freezing Soon, I Am Going To Lose My Freaking Mind

The HIGH temperature yesterday was 12 degrees Fahrenheit in my neck of the woods.  Since I for damned sure wasn't going outside in that nonsense if I didn't have to, I spent the entire day packing away all the Christmas decorations into their boxes instead.  The season is now officially over, I guess.

Today, the high was a comparatively balmy 21.  (Freaking winter.)  I spent the day doing dishes and laundry and sorting through about 75% of the great, towering stacks of paper that formerly occupied every flat surface in my office.  The recycling guy will probably get a hernia from trying to move my can, but I can see the top of my desk for the first time in years.

All of this unaccustomed household industriousness is setting a very bad precedent.  If this weather keeps up, I'll soon find myself washing floors and scrubbing toilets for indoor entertainment, and that will never do.  Tomorrow, I get out of this house if I have to do it in Eskimo boots and a parka!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...