Friday, May 30, 2014

A Gift From The Universe

It's been that kind of a week.  Busy, lots of evening events, lots of stuff going on during the day too.  This weekend's agenda is horrific: nine soccer games between the three kids (each boy has two each weekend day as part of a tournament and Petunia has one) plus a baby shower an hour away, a soccer practice for Petunia and an end-of-season soccer party for Thing One on Saturday night.

To put it mildly, we've been scrambling the last couple of days trying to get logistics sorted out for tomorrow and Sunday.  So, I was considering it a blessing that all we had after school today was Thing Two's regular speech therapy appointment.  I was looking forward to a peaceful evening before the insanity begins.  However, when I walked in to pick him up from school, my eyes happened to light on another mother in the pickup line, and I remembered with a start that Thing Two was supposed to be attending her son's birthday party starting at 5:30!!

Thankfully, I had bought the kid a gift and card ahead of time and we still had time to get there even with speech.  But I had really, truly forgotten all about the party, and it would have been really embarrassing to have to call and apologize for missing it after the fact.  Had I not seen the mother this afternoon, there's absolutely no way I would have remembered.  Thank you, universe...I needed that little extra poke today!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...