Sunday, May 4, 2014

That Kind Of A Weekend, I Guess

How could I *not* become emotional all over again as I watched Thing Two standing tall at Mass this morning and looking so...so...BIG all of a sudden in his First Communion suit?  Where did my baby boy go??


The sacrament itself isn't until this coming Saturday, but in our parish the tradition is that one of the First Communicants crowns the statue of Mary outside the church on the first Sunday of May.  A girl generally does the honors, but since Thing Two happens to be the only current second grader who regularly attends our tiny ancillary church, he got the nod (and a dry run for his suit and tie as well.)


As an added bonus, he's tall enough to reach Mary's head from the ground...no rickety stepstool needed this year!

This morning, I am counting my blessings and being profoundly grateful for progress made.  Happy Sunday, everybody.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...