Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day

Took a while to get going this morning courtesy of a late night out with friends last night, but once the caffeine finally hit I was unstoppable with my laboring.  Laundry, vacuuming, bathrooms, dishes, floors, all capped off with three-plus hours of weeding and wheelbarrowing in the garden in 90 degree heat.   Mind you, this is all because I am insane.

With my children older now, I somehow feel like I have to justify my stay-at-homeness even though my husband has not ONCE made me feel like he wants me back at work.  Quite the opposite, in fact. He's legitimately happy that I'm home to get the kids off to school and take them to their afternoon activities and available for their field trips and class parties and such.  And the summer, with them home much more than during the the school year, is absolutely my craziest time of the year bar the run-up to Christmas, so part of me views the arrival of September as sort of a mini-vacation, at least during the day!  With the kids going back to school on Wednesday, I have all sorts of fun plans with friends in the works and I think all the housework now is a sort of compensation in my own head for the 'time off' I will be taking later in the week, even though nobody is keeping score.  Sometimes my brain is a crazy, crazy place, but on the bright side, the house and yard look pretty good.  I'll take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...