Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Well, Well, Well

Thing One told me this evening that he is running for Homeroom Rep, which is apparently something Student Council related.  (Now that he's in middle school there are a whole slew of new things I have to figure out.)  I have nothing against Student Council, but I would have thought hell itself would freeze over before he got involved with it...to this point, he has always been friends with pretty much everybody but not a leader or even a joiner for the most part.  I gather that his friends were encouraging him to run and nominated him, which again is not in keeping with what I would have said was the group dynamic, but what do I know.  He has all the raw material he needs to lead...will be interesting to see if this motivates him to start tapping into it.  My little boy is growing up.  *sniff*

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...