Monday, September 8, 2014

Perspective

Met up with three of my caching friends this morning and we hiked around a beautiful park for the better part of five hours straight.  One of my companions was a truly lovely woman who is rapidly approaching 70 and has two artificial knees, but she hung right in there with the rest of us for the full expedition.  Yeah, she moves a little slower than I do, but I'm still impressed...I want to be like her when I grow up.  Did a six-mile hike last week with a group that included a man of about 70 with an artificial hip, too...these ol' birds are tough.  :)  At 41, I'm the young'un in this crew by a lot, and bad knee or no bad knee, right now I'm grateful that all my parts are still original!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...