Monday, February 23, 2015

Oscars, Schmoscars

Out caching this morning in 12 degree weather (why yes, I AM nuts...) and stopped briefly at one point to grab coffee at a Dunkin' Donuts.  Some yammering morning talk show or other was blasting from the TV mounted above one corner of the counter, and during the ten minutes I was defrosting my fingers, the hosts were discussing nothing other than who wore what dress designed by whom to last night's ceremony.  Much to the detriment of the sad few unfrozen brain cells I have left, I might add.   

I ask you: who the HELL cares about this nonsense?  People with surgically enhanced faces and starved bodies and too much makeup and (often) really bizarre outfits all dressed up and parading around for the cameras.  And other people who watch hours of this on TV for reasons that baffle me entirely.  And even have PARTIES SPECIFICALLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF WATCHING this spectacle.  I just don't understand it.  

Nevertheless, I'm going to get off my soapbox and return to my cave now...I hear there might be a cache hidden in it.  :)  To each his or her own form of insanity, after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...