Thursday, August 29, 2013

Love This Kid

Petunia has a birthday coming up.  The other day, we went to the grocery store so she could look at all the cake designs and pick one for me to order for the family party on Saturday.  Ten minutes of page-flipping later, we had a winner: a cake with a 'Princess and the Frog' theme.

Can't say that I'm overjoyed with the whole princess thing in general, but she's a little girl and some fights just aren't worth having.  What I do love, however, is that the kit she picked for her cake looks a lot like this.

For the non-Disneyed, the princess in this particular story is named Tiana.  And she's African-American, unlike every other Disney princess, all of whom are lily-white.  I think it's the coolest thing in the world that my kid liked the Tiana cake the best, despite the fact that this princess looks absolutely nothing like her and she knows it.  I can only surmise that she doesn't care, which can only be a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...