Friday, October 25, 2013

Day Is Done

My brain is fried. It's been a long drama-filled week, exacerbated by the fact that Petunia had a nightmare last night and came into my room for a hug and some reassurance at 4:45AM.  By the time she felt better, I was awake for the day.  I deeply envy Himself his ability to sleep through kid noises and to go back to sleep immediately if awakened...I have neither of those gifts.

The construction project in my living and dining rooms is proceeding apace.  I have high hopes that the guys will be done on Monday, but midweek is probably a better bet.  Then I have to buy a new carpet for the dining room and figure out what colors to paint things, which is a personal circle of hell for me.  There is a reason I'm not a designer, and it's the fact that I have a very solid left brain and not much where my right brain should be.  I have a feeling that I will end up doing what either the contractor or my mother tell me to do by way of decorating!

In the meantime, I'm taking a poll: darker wainscoting and lighter walls above it or vice versa??

Found a really neat geocache today: to get to it, I had to walk under a nearby highway, through a pedestrian tunnel that I had no idea existed until that moment. Just beyond the tunnel, there was a contraption that I finally recognized as a modified light fixture attached to a tree, and the log I needed to sign was where the filament of the bulb would normally be in that fixture.  Yes, I was quite literally (I realized after the fact) looking for the light at the end of the tunnel!

A good metaphor for this weekend: it's high time I took a break and found some daylight in the gloom.





2 comments:

  1. Dark on the bottom, light on top. I'm assuming the ceiling will be white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ceiling is white. Thanks for your input, Joan!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...