Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wish Me Luck

My house is a construction zone.  At least the gaping hole in the exterior wall between the dining room and porch (where a leaking door used to be) now contains a window and is once again watertight!  The house is in complete disorder and has workers tromping through it all day.  The rest of the work is essentially cosmetic (wainscoting, flooring) but will take at least another week to finish.

The kids have three half-days of school this week for parent conferences, so they are underfoot more than usual.  And of course, Himself leaves town at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning for one of his crazy 200-mile relay races and returns late Sunday.  I'm the sole parent responsible for soccer, birthday parties, and after-school activities for four days, plus I have to go to my kids' parent conferences alone, which I really don't like doing.  Not so worried about Petunia, but either or both boys' teachers could have news for me that I don't want to hear.

Whine, whine, gripe.  I know.  Small potatoes in the big picture, but feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.  Deep breath...this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...