Wednesday, April 17, 2013

This Is What I Told My Children


"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in the world."

--Fred Rogers (of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood)

Thought about this today in connection with all the first responders and doctors who stepped up on Monday.  And everyone else who helped when they saw a need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...