Friday, March 7, 2014

Mean-Spirited

Had to order a part for an appliance this morning.  Stopped by the store to do it (not a big chain, one of the independent places) and, in the course of making polite conversation with the owner, who lives not too far from me, was informed that my next door neighbor is a put-the-cart-before-the-horse business type who has declared bankruptcy in the past.  I really didn't need to know that little piece of info.

He went on to gloat about somebody else's home foreclosure and then threw in a few snarky comments about my kids' school (which his kid attended years ago) as the icing on the cake.  I couldn't have been in the place ten minutes and I walked out feeling slimy. Or slimed, I guess.  Another friend told me a while back that this business hasn't been doing great and that the owner will be retiring soon. Wonder why??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments...please share yours!

Yeah, It's Been A While

These days, a lot of what happens in my life relates to my kids, and as they get older I am less comfortable sharing their stories.  I will ...